- Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (2019-05-10)
- Rejected from IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (2019-06-26)
- Change the idea of the paper using PLC instead of Arduino UNO for IIoT.
- Submitted to Elsevier Manufacturing Letters (2019-10-15)
- Minor revision (2020-01-16)
- Accepted (2020-04-10)
This letter proposes dual fieldbus communication for Industrial Internet of Things using an edge server. Dual fieldbus communication implements a redundant fieldbus to prevent bus faults and increase the system¡¯s availability. The primary communication link uses Modbus while the redundant fieldbus is a Controller Area Network (CAN). When an error occurs, the protocol changes automatically to use the CAN bus because of its faster error recovery. It outperforms the conventional Modbus for both detected data error and data success rates. Meanwhile, the edge server implements a long short-term memory (LSTM) and performs 95 percent faster than processing in the cloud.