Dear Professor Kim,
Thank you for submitting your manuscript to Computer Standards & Interfaces. I regret to inform you that reviewers have advised against publishing your manuscript, and we must therefore reject it.
Please refer to the comments listed at the end of this letter for details of why I reached this decision.
We appreciate your submitting your manuscript to this journal and for giving us the opportunity to consider your work.
Computer Standards & Interfaces
Comments from the editors and reviewers:
- The author's have inspired from the typical behavior of the dragonflies, proposed a novel optimization technique and algorithm for an Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communication (URLLC) in an industrial wireless network, called as Dragonfly for URLLC.
1. Abstract needs to be rewritten it is not providing a whole picture of the paper.
2. Contributions of the proposed work are missing.
3. Eq. 2, 3 and 4 may require basic details of their derivation seems incomplete.
4. In the system model line 115, 120 and 125 are not justified. Is that your assumptions given in the statements or published somewhere.
5. System model needs more explanation. You may have a detailed model instead.
6. There is no description of how you get the values in Table 1.
7. Did you proposed the equations in Table 2 or already proposed in some paper references can be given with each.
8. You didn't provided any reason why you used 5 algorithms sphere...griewank.
9. The comparison of the proposed work with pso and ga seemed unexplained please provide details why you compared with it not any other techniques.
10. Fig 2 needs to be improved. Difficult to recognize differences in a,b,c,d.
11. Provided results are not satisfactory you have to provide more results. Such results may be acceptable in conference paper but a journal paper requires more details.
12. Conclusion is not properly written.
- The relation of dragonfly swarm optimization and URLLC is unclear. The paper lacks technical rigour and proper presentation. I cannot recommend this paper for acceptance. More comments below-
1. Very basics of dragonfly optimization are unclear. The equations, definitions of variables therein are unclear.
2. How does this apply to URLLC? Which URLLC resources, constraints are being considered? Only mentioning reliability doesn't qualify. The disconnect from URLLC is apparent from references where only 2 out of 15 references are related to wireless communication (none related to URLLC).
3. What network scenario is being considered? What/where are base stations/users? System model is unclear.
4. Literature survey of swarm optimization in URLLC is inadequate. It should clearly mention what problems have been addressed so far, what are the open areas and what's the novelty of this work in comparison.
5. Simulation results, simulation parameters, the methods with which the results are compared are all unclear and need better explanation.